or so it seems in minneapolis today! it's beautiful, sunny, warm, and has that smell of the first spring thaw. excellent. with all this lovely weather, i can't help but get excited for what the warm weather has in store. so, a list of things i'm digging/excited for this spring:
- listen to more k-pop (because really, it's just so fun and ridiculous; thanks JOE).
- ride my bike every day, for 30 days. a former coworker started this awesome idea; whoever you are, wherever you are, ride your bike at least once every day. for some reason i've developed a fear of riding my bike in bike-friendly minneapolis. it's time to squash that fear, right? so here we go, red and white schwinn; me, you and the city.
- read more books (good ones that aren't just George R.R. Martin, Bret Easton Ellis or Guns, Germs & Steel which is taking me forever to finish).
- help one of my best friends plan her gorgeous and undoubtedly fun wedding (inspiration?)
- bake more pies. practice makes perfect and one of these years i'll win a state fair ribbon.
- become a strategist so i actually enjoy work. not sure how to do this, but i'm compiling a list of books to read and have a tentative game-plan. the tricky part is how to jump careers??
- conduct an experiment: what will doing 6-minute abs every day do for my mid-region? we will see. (for those curious about 6-minute abs, it's quite simple and quite effective: minute 1: crunches, minute 2: legs to one side, crunch up to the ceiling, minute 3: legs to other side, crunch up to the ceiling, minute 4: legs straight up in the air, crunch up to the ceiling, minute 5: legs stretched out flat on the ground, crunch up to the ceiling, minute 6: low and slow bicycle crunches)
- i've always wanted to do a minnesota history tour. places of interest include: f. scott fitzgerald's house, the kensington rune stone, farmsteads anywhere, native american ruins, etc.
- get outside. get outside. GET OUTSIDE. i do live next to a lovely park, and do live a hot second away from a beautiful chain of lakes. just a pleasant reminder to make the most of it this spring!
- continue to listen to (what i believe) is good music. sisters, let's keep sending mixes or good songs we're hearing!
- try not to spoil mini-mac rotten when she's born (this will be SUPER TOUGH, but i'll try and refrain from molding her into a Lord of the Rings-lover and clown-hater).
- try and use the technology we have (achem IPAD FACETIME achem) to keep in touch with sisters afar so i can see their beautiful faces and hear their beautiful voices (and of course see mini mac TONS AND TONS).
- cook dinner more; as in veggies and meat. mmmmm.
- be open to meeting people but continue being ok as a bachelorette (despite pining away for the coolest, smartest, and handsomest tall, bearded computer nerd i've ever met).
lots to look forward to. and now i will daydream whilst listening to lovely andrew bird.