Friday, March 11, 2011

new find.



i stopped by this adorable new tiny boutique right by my apartment the other day and i immediately saw THIS poppy oil painting. it just jumped out at me. i kind of collect poppy artwork mostly because i love seeing how different artists interpret "poppy red" and how these delicate flowers are drawn/painted/photographed, etc. so you can imagine my surprise when this large, colorful painting is just staring me in the face. i asked the store owner if there was any way she'd sell it (thinking it would be way too expensive) and she said she found it in the back of a thrift store and would sell it to me for $50. um, SOLD. And so this beautiful beast is sitting on the floor in my apartment waiting to be hung. i'm thinking it will go over my bed? that's really the only place it could go and i think it will look fantastic in there. if i get it hung this weekend i'll post a pic of the final product. hope it looks ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment